Put the baby to bed and enjoy a movie, but your little one doesn’t have to be out of sight with the VTech Safe & Sound Full-Color Video and Audio Monitor! A baby monitor is one of the must haves for new parents! When we moved baby Digger into her own room at 4 months old it gave me great peace of mind knowing she was happily and safely sound asleep. Now, Baby Digger is a toddler and I still like to keep a close eye on her while she’s in her crib (okay, so I’m a bit of a hovering mom!) and i just love this monitor! It’s easy to setup, use and it’s got all the bells and whistles any parent could ask for.
- Six level sound indicator.
- Vibrating Sound Alert – Enjoy some added peace by being silently alerted when there is sound in the baby’s room.
- Temperature Sensor – Parent Unit displays baby’s room temperature. Be assured the conditions are ideal for restful sleep.
- Talk-Back Intercom System – Remotely communicate with your baby from the parent unit to the baby unit. Soothe your baby from another room or even from outdoors.
- Polyphonic Lullabies – Play 5 different lullabies on the camera.
- Camera Battery Compartment – Add four AA batteries (not included) to the camera for up to 4.5 hours of video streaming.
- Zoom the camera from the parent unit.
- Night Viewing – 8 infrared LEDs automatically sense the lighting condition providing full video viewing in dark rooms.
- Split screen capability – System supports up to four cameras to be viewed from one Parent Unit. Viewing modes include Single View and Quad View Split Screen
- High Resolution 2.8″ Color LCD – Easily view your baby (or babies) from the 320×240 full color display.
- Full Motion Video – Up to 22 frames per second of full color, dynamic frame rate video provides excellent viewing of all the action in the baby’s room.
- Rechargeable battery with low battery alert in parent unit.
- Wall Mount Bracket – Safely view your baby from a fixed location. Bracket includes a cord management system for storing excess power cord. Swivel, tilt and zoom the camera for the ideal view.
- Adjustable camera angle.
- Extended Range – Up to 1,000 feet of range allows you to feel safe and connected to your child while you go about your day.
- Digital Transmission – This 2.4GHz Frequency Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum system digitally transmits both the audio and video signals. No annoying white noise sound. You only hear the sounds coming from your baby. All transmissions are encrypted for your privacy and security.
- Expandable to 4 Cameras – For families with more than one child to monitor, this system can expand to four total cameras. Extra cameras (VM301) sold separately. Know what is happening in all of the important rooms in your home.
It offers a clear live full color view of her when shes in her room playing or sleeping, I’m quite impressed with the quality of the video, its very clear! You can adjust the angle of the camera up or down so you can see anywhere you’d like to get a good view of your child. Plus, you can zoom in using the parent unit to get a closer view.
The monitor has a large 2.8″ full color LCD screen and it has a whopping 1,000 feet of range so I can go anywhere on our home’s property and can still see what my little one up to in her crib. The infrared-night vision gives you a bright and clear view of your child’s room even when it’s pitch black. It can also expand with more cameras so if you have more than one child or would like an additional camera in another room, the parent unit has a split screen feature so you can see both at once or switch from one to another.
One of the features I love most about the this monitor is the Talk-Back Intercom it has built-in. Not only does it give clear, crisp sound of what is going on in the room but it has a Talk-Back Intercom System so you can talk to your child from the parent unit to the baby unit, so you can soothe your child back to sleep from anywhere. One thing that really helps Baby Digger drift off into a sound sleep is a lullaby and the VTech Safe & Sound Monitor has 5 built-in polophonic lullabies I really like the melodies, they are slow and soothing. You push a button to start a lullaby and it will turn off on its own once your baby is (hopefully) fast asleep. The monitor and camera unit come with a plug-in adapter or you can use batteries which really gives you the option to place it anywhere you’d like and you can carry the parent unit wherever you go. The adapter also has a velcro strap so you don’t have extra cord hanging down and causing a hazard.
I would definitly recommend this monitor to any new parents. It has all the features you could ask for that will help give you peace of mind and help you get that much needed sleep.
The VTech Safe & Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor is available at www.babymonitors.vtech.com for $129.95!
VTech is giving one lucky reader the VTech Safe & Sound Full Color Video Monitor RV $129.95! Enter now to win it in my BlogMania Family Movie night prize pack!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own and this post has not been edited by anyone other than me. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.