We had a good time with family over our holiday break and Pinky just started school back up last week. Now, here we are the 2nd week into the new year and she’s sick again. It never fails that each year after school gets back in after a holiday a germ also finds its way into our home.
She stayed home from school and I got a pic of her snuggling her guinea pig while she watched some T.V. Look at those poor sick eyes 🙁 You can always tell when she’s not feeling well by her eyes.
The peak time for cold and flu season is upon us and peaks in the December – February months. It’s important to remember to keep up on good hygiene practices can help avoid germs from passing. I also take extra precaution and make trips around the house with disinfectant in hand to hopefully get a leg up on beating the germs.
We keep what we call a “sick kid” at our house where we have everything for the kids is in one nice location so that when one of the girls does catch a bug it’s all ready to go. There isn’t a ton in it but its very convenient not to have to sift through the medicine cabinet to find the children’s medicine. Here is what we have in our sick pack –
- Children’s Advil® – for fever and pain relief (For children ages 2 and up to 11)
- Children’s Robitussin® Extended-Release 12 Hour Cough Relief to control and relieve cold and flu symptoms all-day or all- night. (For children ages 6 and up.)
- Children’s Dimetapp® Multi-Symptom Cold Relief Dye-Free for stuffy and runny noses and quieting a cough. (For children ages 6 and up.)
- Thermometer – We have a quick-read forehead thermometer.
Our go to medicine with this bout with sickness has been Children’s Dimetapp® Multi-Symptom Cold Relief Dye-Free. It helps with her runny nose and allows her to rest more with less nose blowing and wiping.
We’ve also been helping her fever with Children’s Advil® for kids as young as 2 and up to 11. Children’s Advil® comes in several great-tasting flavors, including: Sugar-free Dye-free Berry, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Fruit and Dye-Free White Grape flavors.
Be prepared for the icky sickies this cold and flu season and be sure to stock up on all the necessities at your local drugstore.
Sick Just Got Real Bundle Giveaway
$25 Visa gift card and Pfizer pediatric products
(1) Children’s Advil® Suspension, Grape,
(1) Children’s Robitussin ® Extended-Release 12 Hour Cough Relief,
(1) Children’s Dimetapp® Multi-Symptom Cold Relief Dye-Free