When I set out to find a hotel for my family to stay at on our recent trip to Orlando, Florida I wanted to find a hotel that was not only comfortable for us but could offer us on-site entertainment as well. After all, it is a vacation and I really didn’t want to be running around in a car everyday. Plus, I wanted to stay somewhere that is budget friendly so we had more of a money for dining and fun. Oh, and by the way I want it to be kid-friendly too 🙂
Is that a tall order? Maybe, but I did find everything I was looking for at the CoCo Key Hotel and Water Resort!
We were lucky enough to be given the opportunity to stay at the CoCo Key Hotel and play at the water park for a few days so that I could share our experience with you!
We arrived at the hotel after a VERY LONG drive at 2 in the morning. We were greeted at the door with a welcoming, smiling face and were quickly checked in so we could go to our room and crash.
Upon walking into our room I was happy with the modern and fun decor of the room. The colors are bright and welcoming and all the decor was up to date.
The beds had comfortable linens and pillows so it made sleeping pleasant. Though usually every day we were exhausted and pretty much fell asleep as soon as we hit the pillows!
Our room had a nice sitting area as well that made nap time for the girls easier. While they napped we hung out in the sitting area and watch TV so they could quietly nap without interruption.
The bathrooms were spotless and there was a nice vanity area for me to sit and do my hair and makeup before going out while the hubby showered.
There was also a mini fridge that was very useful for bottles and juices!
Now, you know when your in a hotel with kids and you get a headache or your kid needs chocolate milk? It can be a huge pain getting into the car and finding a store. Well, CoCo Key Hotel has a convenient store right there, Gator’s Grab ‘n Go! This was super convenient for us!
There are also 2 restaurants right on site – Tradewinds and Pizza Hut Express!
How about fun? CoCo Key Orlando Hotel has a water park right on-site! We could literally get in the elevator go down 4 floors and a few steps we were there!
There are 3 areas at the water park, a fun area for the little kids with 4 smaller slides that Pinky had a blast on.
The second pool was good for swimming but also had a twisty slide for bigger kids and adults.
Then, the third area called Parrot’s Perch. Here there are all sorts of fun things to do for all ages. The bigger slides were for those 46″ or 48″ so we stuck to the smaller stuff but still had plenty to do!
The staff was all very friendly and welcoming as well. We accidentally locked our room key in our room. Picture us, two kids stuck in a hallway for who knows how long at bedtime. BUT the staff helped us out and got us back in the room within 15 minutes.
How close is it to all the theme parks? CoCo Key Orlando is literally minutes from every theme park in the Orlando area. We visited Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World and were there within a 20 minute drive.
The hotel also sits right on International Drive which is famous for all of the attractions. There is tons of shopping, mini-golf courses, dining and other attractions minutes or even a short walk away.
Here is a list of more of the great amenities that CoCo Key Hotel and Water Park has to offer:
- 1,000-sq. ft. fitness center with brand new Lifestyle Fitness Center equipment is available to guests who want to keep fit during their vacation.
- Business center is available for guests who want to remain connected to “the mainland”.
- Grab a quick snack, beverage, or souvenir at Gator’s Grab ‘n Go convenience store.
- Take a dip in the outdoor heated pool or Palm Paradise Spa Cabana hot tub.
- Self-service laundry facilities are available on site for a small fee.
- Explore all of the fun things to do in Orlando, FL with free vacation planning assistance services and theme park tickets available for purchase to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Vacations. Tickets are located at the Destination Universal desk in the hotel lobby with discounted tickets up to $15 off.
- Golf Universal Program offers golf reservations
- Free scheduled shuttle service to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, Wet ‘n Wild, and Aquatica, Mears transportation is also available from hotel for other destinations. Hertz Rental Car is available to pick up and drop off at the hotel.
- Relax and Unwind: CoCo Key has partnered with Select Massage, Inc. and offers our guests a variety of spa services.
All of this and CoCo Key is still budget friendly, rooms are around $99 a night!
We truly enjoyed our stay at the CoCo Key Resort in Orlando and we’re looking forward to visiting again! If your planning on visiting Orlando I highly recommend staying at CoCo Key Hotel and Water Park, it’s the perfect family friendly, cozy and fun hotel! Check out rates and book your vacation on the CoCo Key Orlando website.
To stay up to date with all the latest news and special rates, connect with CoCo Key Orlando on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram!
I was given accommodations for three nights free of charge facilitate this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.