This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Popsicle® Blogger Program.
I love handmade ornaments, it’s wonderful to reminisce about each of the ornaments every year as you trim the tree. This year Pinky made her own ornament for the very first time using simple Popsicle sticks, some paint and glitter. She sat for at least an hour working on her masterpiece and was thrilled when we placed it lovingly on a branch of our Christmas tree.
DIY Popsicle Stick Snowflake Ornament
- 4 Popsicle sticks
- Drill a hole into the top of one of the Popsicle sticks (this will be where you hang it from)
- Glue 2 Popsicle sticks together in the shape of an X by placing a dab of glue into the center of the bottom stick.
- Place a dab of glue on your top Popsicle stick and place another stick across it and repeat this step with the final Popsicle stick.
- Allow it to dry for about 15-25 minutes depending on the glue you use.
- Set to Dry
- Add ribbon. Place ribbon thru the hole and tie.
- Hang and enjoy!
We also wrote Pinky’s name and the year on it so each year we hang it on our tree we can remember it and the memories we made creating it.