Sponsored by Ovaltine.
This is the time of year when I bake all sorts of cookies, this year I decided to put a little spin on double chocolate chip cookies and use Ovaltine in my recipe. I also kicked them up a notch and made them into yummy marshmallow cookie sandwiches and added some sprinkles.
The Ovaltine gave them just the right amount of chocolaty goodness
It’s a very easy recipe and the cookie sandwiches were a big hit in my home and I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Chocolate Ovaltine Marshmallow Cookie Sandwich Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Bake Time: 9 Minutes
1 1/4 cups butter or 1 1/4 cups margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Rich Chocolate Ovaltine
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. pkg.)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl mix softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, Ovaltine, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. (The cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.).
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- Once cooled place a dollop of marshmallow creme on cookie bottom and place another cookie on top to create the sandwich.
- Decorate with sprinkles
Disclosure: Recipe ingredients were provided by Ovaltine. All thoughts and opinions are my own.