Earlier this past month my family and I had the opportunity to test out the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE. We drove it around for a week and went to the Detroit Maker Faire and the drive-in theatre putting a good amount of miles on this midsize SUV and here are my thoughts. The exterior of the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE is very sleek and I think it looks very hip and young but is also nicely suited for families like mine. The interior is pretty spacious and for when you need extra room there is even a 3rd row of seats. It can seat up to 7 people. The 3rd row seats are a bit squished back there and I wouldn’t recommend them for very long road trips but for daily driving or a short 3-4 hour drive sitting in the third row would be do able. When you don’t need the 3rd row seating they will fold down and give you lots of spacious trunk space. The 2nd row seating will also fold down to a 60/40 split for when you need to haul larger items. The girls car seats fit in the second row seating nicely and left them plenty of leg room to spare. My girls are tall so this was nice to see they had enough space to stretch out their legs. It’s also offers lots of neat available features including:
- FRONT DUAL-ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL. I liked this because Daddy Digger always likes it colder than I do.
- HEATING WINDSHIELD WIPER DEICER. Being from Michigan this is a nice feature to have. I despise scrapping the windshield while my teeth chatter and if my windsheild wipers can help do the job for me that makes me a happy camper.
- POWER FOLDING MIRRORS. Ever park next to someone that banged their door on your mirror? I have and it sucks! So, when a car nicely tucks them away when you’re parked it leaves less room for others to damage your mirrors.
- 6.1″ TOUCH PANEL DISPLAY AUDIO AND ROCKFORD FOSGATE PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM. The audio system was impressive and gave great off great sound. The display was very easy and intuitive to use.
- REARVIEW CAMERA SYSTEM. For me, this is a must have in any car I have and I was happy to see it in the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE.
- ECO MODE. The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE gets GREAT gas mileage. We were clocking in at 24 MPG most of the time. This is due in part to the ECO Mode. When engaged, the system helps you drive in a more environmentally friendly fashion. By slightly reducing engine power on initial acceleration, Outlander employs energy saving measures throughout the vehicles including the engine and air conditioning system.
- 7″ HD TOUCHSCREEN NAVIGATION This stunning available navigation system features a 7-inch HD touchscreen, 3D mapping, road speed limits, expanded Points of Interest (POI) and Mapcare™ including two annual map updates. Need to find the best price on fuel? Trying to avoid gridlock? Real-time gas, traffic and weather data is just a click away at no charge.
One thing I really loved about the Mitusbishi brand is they offer a 10 year / 100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty. Powertrain is the expensive kinda stuff that when things go wrong your talking big bucks to fix. It says a lot about them standing behind their product and it’s great that Mitsubishi offers such a strong warranty. Overall, I really loved driving this vehicle.My one complaint about the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE is that the ride wasn’t as smooth as I would have liked. At faster speeds I felt like I got rocked around a bit more than usual. I loved the nice style and comfortable interior. The navigation and audio system were very easy to use and the touch screen is nice and large enough for easy reading. To find out more about the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE or to schedule your test drive visit www.mitsubishicars.com